Pages

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Mom Challenge - Day 10

Today's mom focus: Joy

This one was a bit hard to interpret.  I took it to mean "MY" joy!  I suppose it goes without saying that my family is MY joy!  I love having a husband that loves me for who I am and loves me without judging me.  I honestly thought I might never get married.  I wasn't sure if I would ever meet someone who could see past the outer shell, but I did and I consider myself one lucky woman!

It's because of that man I love that the next 2 loves of my life were created!  The love I have for my children was instant the moment I laid eyes on them.  They were precious and fragile and mine to protect.  There is no greater joy than knowing that at the end of a rough day, they are there with hugs, kisses and "I love you's".

Abby is terrible for falling asleep.  But it's hard to get angry when you hear her shouting from her crib

"Daddy, I LOOOOVE YOU!"  "I LOOOOVE YOU MOMMY!"  "Hayden, I LOOOOOVE YOU!"

Or Hayden and I often have a back and forth conversation that goes a little something like this

"hey mom, guess what?"

"what Hayden?"

"I love you!"

"Gee, thanks Buddy, I love you too!"

"Did you know I was going to say that?"

"I was sure hoping you would!"

My kids are awesome and they are MY JOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment