Pages

Monday, April 2, 2012

Mom Challenge - Day 2

 Go the whole day without yelling at your children


Oh boy!  I was NOT looking forward to today's challenge.  I saw myself set up for failure before it even started.

BUT...

It wasn't really a challenge for today.  I think it has to do with the fact that it was a work day and my time with the kids was basically limited to 3 hours at the most.

Had it been a Wednesday or a weekend, my results may not have been the same.

Now, there could have been a few times that I could have yelled.

Like when Abby just runs around the room, with Hayden's pajama's or clothes that she stole, and it now using to play keep away with.  She is laughing like crazy, Hayden is bawling his eyes out, getting more and more angry.

But I just refocused him into getting the rest of this stuff on and by telling Abby that the monsters were chasing her and Hayden needed to have his socks on to save her, because to her...it's fun to be chased by monsters.

Or....

when they were fighting over who got to sit in the front of the tub tonight.

I know not to sweat the small stuff, but forget a lot of the time while "In The Moment"

I may come back and challenge myself with this one again on a day that will offer more of a challenge.

But for now, I'm chalking up another one on the win side!

2 comments:

  1. This would be impossible for me. I yell all the time - half the time just to be heard above the fighting and screaming. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad to hear another mom say that! Somedays I feel it's just me yelling at the kids.

      Delete