Pages

Friday, December 23, 2011

Please, Have A Seat!

This is a story about a chair!

Space for one little bum to have all for themselves!

When I was little, I had this chair that was wooden and had removable rockers so it could be a regular chair or a rocking chair..and it folded!  I have no idea where it came from, but I know I refused to let my mom ever give it away and it moved with us to every new place.

When Hayden was born, I couldn't wait to bring it upstairs out of the basement and have him use it.

A couple of years ago for Christmas, mom painted it all up and gave it to Hayden.

While I was pregnant with Abby, we were at Value Village and there was another one of those little chairs, complete with rockers and everything, and I thought:

"How perfect would it be if both kids had matching chairs?"

But it was one of those trips where there hadn't really been money to go there in the first place and the chair was about $10, so I just walked away.

I regretted that EVERYDAY!!!!!!!!  So silly to regret a chair, but I did.

Last year, I went out to some yard sales with mom and dad, and we stopped at one and guess what!?!!?

They had one of the chairs!  No question that I had to buy it this time.  It was as if I had been given a second chance to fix my regret.

So, that was about June....2 weeks ago, I remembered that Santa always uses Hayden's chair for his stocking, etc....better get Abby's chair ready too.  So, here I am at 10:40 pm on December 23, finishing it up.  But I am so happy with how it turned out.  Now my kids have matching chairs!

No comments:

Post a Comment