Pages

Sunday, August 26, 2012

A Threat In My Own Yard!

Last weekend, we finally got rid of the major threat that had been lurking in my veggie garden for about a month now.

I wasn't sure how to deal with it for quite some time.  I tried to ignore it, but it would pop up occasionally and bring it to the forefront of my mind.

It was starting to impact every trip I made outside.  I hated having to go to pick tomatoes or carrots.  I just gave up and started sending Brian.

But last weekend was crunch time. The tomatoes needed another major pruning and staking.  I hadn't been in the garden more than 5 minutes when this major threat surfaced again!  I screamed real loud and pretty much pole vaulted out of the garden.  Brian ran to my aid, as well as the kids.

I did what any good mom would do when her children are facing a dangerous situation...I sent Hayden right in to deal with it for me!

What was the M.A.J.O.R threat you ask?

This is a life size picture!
For reals!!!

It would be the understatement of the year if I said I didn't like frogs!

I can't even express how much I dislike them!  Oh, I don't mind them if I know they are there and can avoid them.  I can watch them from a safe difference, I mean I did take these pictures.....it's the jumping out and scaring the living daylights out of me that makes me despise them so much.  This little sucker has jumped out at me a few too many times over the last month.  My reaction is the same each time....scream like a little school girl and jump like I just stepped in a bear trap!

True story...I once walked through a field with so many frogs...me gasping each time one hopped...that my abs were so sore the next day, I could barely stand!  I honestly had to stay home from school because I was so sore! ( not that I ever needed much convincing to NOT go to school, eh mom?)

Now, back to the frog in question.  I do my best to not let my fear of things effect the kids.  Hayden was all over that thing.....wanted to catch it so bad I was pretty sure he was going to turn my tomatoes into sauce while they were still on the vine.  We captured him in a HUGE home depot pail....'cause I needed to make sure he couldn't get away!

Hayden fondled that little fellow so many times, I was pretty sure he was going was to wish he had had a run in with the lawnmower instead!

I snapped a couple more pictures before the kids went to release him in the field WAY WAY WAY across the road from the house!



This is my favorite picture!
Buh Bye Kermit...go find your own Miss Piggy!
This one's not interested!


1 comment: