Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The 1850 Mile Pinterest Challenge - May Edition

It is once again that time.  I feel like I don't have all that much to report on really.  Most of my Pinteresting things revolved around the baby shower and I showed you pictures already, but I will link back to it at the end of this post.

This challenge was just one of those "Blah" times.  I didn't really feel too crafty for things indoors and it is not quite nice enough for the things I want to complete for outdoors.  So instead, I picked up some books I saw on Pinterest.

First off, I finally got a hold of this book series




These books have been the talk of EVERYWHERE lately, including Dr. Oz (and I don't watch Dr. Oz, just flipped it on my chance one day and this was the topic)

First I will admit here....I am a bit of a "smut" reader.  Love it actually and I blame my friend from the North in regards to that.  She introduced me to some paranormal books that got me hooked and from there I discovered that there is a whole library section dedicated to Paranormal romance.  These books though go way beyond just your romance books, but quite frankly...I'm just peachy with that!!! There was no need to skim through pages of the story to get to the "good stuff"

There has been a lot of talk about why there is so much hype about this series...here is MY humble opinion.

There is a bit of stigma surrounding romance books and people that read them.  The type of book you read at home under the sheets with the flashlight so no ones you do.  But theses books!?!?  They made the New York Times best seller list and SUDDENLY, it's socially acceptable to read smut.  Plus, these books go WAY beyond any romance book I have ever read!

I managed to read them over the past week, including TOO many nights with TOO little sleep.  A few women I know on Facebook are reading them and suggested that any of us reading it get together to discuss it!  Oh, could you just IMAGINE!!! ( Fingers crossed I get an invite)  Maybe it's because I am married with 2 kids and sometimes you just need a little something to get the "home fires" burning.  Whatever the result, these books are now in my nightstand, ready at a moment's notice for when some "inspiration" is needed.

The second set of books I picked up is this series



I'm a bit behind the times with this one too...but I got them through the book order at the daycare.  I am almost done the third book and it's a pretty good series.  Easy enough to get involved in and picture what is going on in your head.  My mother's day gift from Brian allowing me almost the whole day to just sit and read!  What Bliss!! I do just have to keep reminding myself that they are young adult and that is why the "romance" never really develops like I want it too (it was the same with the Harry Potter series), which probably explains why the earlier series of books is a better fit.  But wouldn't it be great if someone developed an "adult" version of these same books...like an "extended" version on a DVD?

Well, that it about it.  I can't wait to get back to some more "creative" adventures for the next post, but this was a nice break too.

As promised, here is the link for the tutorial of the diaper motorcycle I made and posted about here

Wanna find out what my Pinterest co-horts were up to this time around, you can check out Diana's post here and Tamara's here!  They actually got C.R.A.F.T.Y!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. So happy that others I know are reading books they "shouldn't"! My big obsession is Pretty Little Liars - the books and tv series and I have Hunger Games on reserve at the library but I'm close to #600 in line so that won't be happening any time soon!

    Good for you for relaxing! I need to take a lesson from you!

    ReplyDelete