Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Adventures at Wonderland

Ok, so I have intended to do a couple more blogs about what we did over the holidays....BUT, obviously, I haven't gotten around to it yet. 
I have a good excuse though!

Mom and I are planning to participate in a craft show at the Keene Pumpkin Festival and suddenly, it occurred to me that it's only about 2 months away and I had NOTHING ready.  So that is what my nights have consisted of.  So, please bare with me as these posts develop.

The day after the cottage, we planned a trip to Canada's Wonderland.  We had talked about going, but made no concrete plans.  At about 6:30 Monday night, we decided to go and also decided to invite our niece and nephew along for the day.

That Tuesday morning, we headed out bright and early.  We had to make a pit stop at Costco for discount tickets and then had to drive past the entrance to the park about 3 times (sorry hun, but it's still funny to me!)

THEN, we waited in line to park! 

THEN, we waited in line to buy a ticket for Hayden, cause you can't get them at Costco.

THEN, we waited in line to get into the park!

But once inside....memories came back to me.

In clear view was the mountain and waterfall.  My childhood came rushing back, with the help of the expression on Hayden's face.  He was in complete awe and shock!  It was more crowded than any place he has ever been, there are people selling toys and gifts the moment you walk in, Charlie Brown and Snoopy are hanging around.

We found ourselves a park map and headed straight for the washrooms and then the kiddie area.

We made the trek over the Rainbow Bridge into Planet Snoopy.  When I was a kid, it was Hanna Barbara Land, with all the good old characters like Scooby Doo and Fred Flintstone.

I wish it was still the same actually, because thanks to the Retro Cartoon channel, Hayden knows who all these characters are.  He has no idea who Snoopy and Friends are!

I mean, I remember you could ride Scooby Doo on the Merry-Go-Round, eat lunch in Fred's car, walk through Smurf's Village and if you were real lucky, Captain Caveman would eat your father' hat!  Ok, perhaps that last one was just our experience...AND, his "handler" did make him spit it out!

Just see for yourself what it used to be like!





Please ignore the fashion....apparently, dad and I liked to wear short shorts and neither one of us had any fear of skinning our knees if we fell with THOSE socks!  Actually, I can bet my last dollar that mom dressed both of us, but she stayed behind the camera...probably because she matched us!

This is what it's like now!







It was great day and fun was had by all!  It was fantastic to have our niece and nephew go with us and it also gave Hayden company on the rides.

We have discussed going one more time this year, but on a Wednesday once all the kids are back to school!  We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment